Associate Compensation & Benefits
The St. Mary's total compensation package of pay and benefits, as part of SCL Health System, is competitive and comprehensive. Associates can customize a combination of standard and optional benefits to meet their individual needs.
Paid Time Off
Time away from work is good for you, good for your family, and good for St, Mary’s because rested and recharged associates are happier and more productive.
- Full-time (FT) and part-time (PT) associates accrue Paid Time Off (PTO) for each regular hour worked
- PTO accrual increases at regular intervals based upon years of service
- PTO is a vested benefit
Great companies are built with great people. We offer a variety of benefit options and resources so you can make the best choices for you and your family. When you select the benefits you need, you are protecting your health, life, and future so you can focus on being the best at what you do.
Insurance benefits are available for full-time and part-time associates. They begin on the first day of the month after you start working. We currently offer three medical and three dental plans and a vision plan. FT and PT associates have employer paid Basic Life and AD&D coverage, Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability. Options for Life and AD&D coverage are offered for you, your spouse and your children. Other elections include Long-Term Care insurance, Prepaid Legal, Healthcare, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Dependent Day Care FSA. Associates and their family members also have access to a 24/7 advocacy service.
Saving for Retirement
SCL Health System offers convenient, easy, and tax-advantaged plans to help you start and keep building savings for your future. Our plans afford a wide choice of investment options.
- 401a Employer Basic and Match contributions.
- Associates become eligible after one year of employment with at least 1,000 hours of service.
- Partial vesting begins with 3 years of eligible employment and increases until full vesting is reached with 5 years of eligible employment.
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan funded by associate pre-income tax payroll deductions.
St. Mary’s associate enjoy a variety of other, non-vested benefits such as a free annual pass for Grand Valley Transit bus system, “Hits the Spot- associate recognition program”, tuition reimbursement, free gated parking, Associate Assistance Program, and a discount at our Columbine Café.