February 18 is the Go Red for Women Luncheon
February 02, 2011
The American Heart Association sponsors the Go Red for Women campaign and Wear Red Day to increase awareness of women’s risk of heart disease. According to the American Heart Association, 90 percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease. But why a red dress logo? Because you can’t ignore a woman in red!
St. Mary’s wants you to know more, so you can do more to reduce your risk. So put on your red dress (or sweater or suit), baby, and join us.
10:30 am–Noon, 1:00–2:00 pm
Free education and screenings:
• American Heart Association cardiac risk factor assessment
• Peripheral vascular disease symptoms and risk factors
• Blood pressure
• Stroke symptoms and risk factors
• Nutrition education and heart healthy recipes
St. Mary’s provides the only complete cardiac program in western Colorado: diagnostic and interventional procedures, minimally invasive surgery, open-heart surgery, heart monitoring, and cardiac rehabilitation.
Heart Healthy lunch featuring:
• Sweet and smoky seared salmon -or- Spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken breast
• Cilantro lemon infused couscous
• Patty pan squash and zucchini
• Angel food cake with berries
• Cost: $10
Presentation: “Heart disease in women: Are we at risk?”
• Sara Pereira, MD, St. Mary’s cardiothoracic surgeon
• Learn how to reduce your risk of heart disease.
Saccomanno Education Center
St. Mary’s Hospital, Fifth Floor
2635 North 7th Street, Grand Junction, CO
• Park in our garage and use the third level walkway to the hospital.
Seating is limited. Reserve early. Deadline is February 11.
Send reservation form and payment to:
St. Mary’s Hospital
Go Red Education Luncheon
P.O. Box 1628
Grand Junction, CO 81502
Email address (for reservation confirmation):
Please reserve ____ spots at the Go Red for Women luncheon at $10 each.
Lunch choice: __ Fish __ Chicken
__ I/we will take advantage of the free screenings.
I am paying by:
__ check payable to: St. Mary’s Hospital – Go Red
__ credit card
Name as it appears on card:
Reservations with credit card payment can also be faxed to 970-298-7033 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (copy and paste relevant information into an email).