Since the early 1940s, St. Mary's Regional Medical Center has played an integral part in the detection and treatment of cancer for thousands of patients. Our work has witnessed advancements in cancer care technology and set high standards for how cancer care patients are treated.
St. Mary's cancer care professionals include:
- Board-certified medical oncologists
- Board-certified radiation oncologists
- Certified oncology nurses
- Certified radiation therapists
- Certified radiation physicists/dosimetrists, and
- Certified oncology pharmacists
- Board-certified genetic counselor
In addition, our multidisciplinary care team provides social work services, clinical nutrition, genetic counseling, rehabilitation, and spiritual support.
The Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons accredits St. Mary's cancer care program. This approval recognizes our high standards of care. St. Mary's is also a member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers.
In June 2003, St. Mary's Advanced Medicine Pavilion became the new home of St. Mary's Regional Cancer Center. The state-of-the-art facility brings together medical oncology and radiation oncology services, and the supporting services of the Regional Blood Center and Pavilion Imaging.